Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The best boxed cake mix you can buy, according to chefs

Though no one denies the greatness of a cake made from scratch, a boxed cake can be just as delicious and is much easier to make.

With the addition of just a few ingredients and an hour or so of your time, you can have a ready-made cake for any celebration. But how do you know which cake mix to choose?

INSIDER asked chefs from across the country what their favourite cake mix was. Here’s what they had to say.

The classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting combination brings back childhood memories for one chef.

Duncan Hines
Be sure to cool the cake before adding the chocolate frosting.
“Like a lot of people, I grew up eating Duncan Hines classic yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting,” Donald Moore, chief culinary officer & EVP kitchen operations at The Cheesecake Factory told INSIDER. “Who didn’t love that? My mum used to make it for me every year for my birthday and it reminds me of my childhood and my childhood birthday parties.”

Pillsbury Funfetti is a favourite among two chefs.

Jet
Funfetti mix can be made into cupcakes or a cake online.
“My favourite box mix is Pillsbury Funfetti. I like to add strawberry Jell-O mix to it as well – it adds a fruity punch and a bouncy texture,” said Tara Lewis, pastry chef at Hi Neighbour Hospitality Group.

Daniel England, corporate chef with OMG Hospitality Group, agreed saying, “I have a thing for sprinkles, so Pillsbury Funfetti is the only store-bought cake mix I ever reach for.”

This chef called Duncan Hines online cakes “easy” and “delicious.”

Duncan Hines
Chef Adam Biderman is a fan of the butter golden cake mix from Duncan Hines.
“As long as it’s Duncan Hines and as long as it’s butter golden or classic yellow. They are reminiscent of my childhood and what is not to love about an easy, delicious, and nostalgic dessert? Make your own chocolate frosting at home to really make it stand out,” Adam Biderman, chef/owner at The Company Burger, told INSIDER.


source - https://www.businessinsider.com.au/best-boxed-cake-mix-2019-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy lemon layer cake

  Ingredients 225g unsalted butter, softened 225g caster sugar 4 large eggs 225g self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 75g natural yogurt 1...