Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Kind of Father’s Day Gift

For my first Father’s Day Gifts delivery online I got a mug, which I love and use all the time.
It does not say “World’s #1 Dad” or anything wildly chintzy like that, it has some pictures of me and my daughter and says “First Father’s Day Gift to India online.” Totally cool cheese-ball level.
I will only ever accept two more mug gifts from my family: a similar mug from my second child, who is on the way, or the “Big Hug Mug” from True Detective.
But last year my daughter (my then 1 1/2 year old daughter) got me season one of Fraggle Rock on DVD. We watched like four episodes in a row that afternoon, and it was glorious. I know, she shouldn’t have so much screen time so young, but that was special. That was classic children’s television, that was me sharing something I loved with my daughter.
Then, oddly, people wondered why I got that on Happy Fathers Day Gifts Order Online . They asked if I got anything else, you know, for me. Like, a real happy fathers day gift online delivery.
That was for me.
And her.
Not that I’m opposed to any dad getting anything he wants on Father’s Day. Or a mom on Mother’s Day. Hey, if you’re a good parent, you get to spend your day how you want.
But for me, Happy Father’s Day Gift Online is about, you know, fathering. So I don’t want anything not having to do with that. I don’t want a tie (I love J. Crew ties), I wear them to work. I don’t want Guardians of the Galaxy on iTunes — maybe if my daughter was old enough to watch it with me, but she barely makes it through Frozen, and she loves Frozen.
I wanted Fraggle Rock for me and my little girl, because I think watching Fraggle Rock together is absolutely top parenting. And also good fun.
This year I got books. But, not the new Alan Warner novel I want, an Olivia book about her and her dad spending a special day together. And the Little Golden Book version of Brave, since that’s a close second to Frozen for my daughter and totally my favorite Pixar movie.
We read them both that afternoon before nap time. It was awesome.
And that’s the best fathers day gift to India online I want, something that lets me be even more of a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy lemon layer cake

  Ingredients 225g unsalted butter, softened 225g caster sugar 4 large eggs 225g self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 75g natural yogurt 1...