Saturday, November 21, 2020

Salmon Cakes with Homemade Lemon Mayonnaise

 The first time I made my own mayonnaise from pastured eggs, the yellow of it shocked me. Unlike the conventional store-bought stuff, the batch I had just whipped up was a beautiful, soft yellow due to my deep, orange egg yolks. The color always makes me think of daffodils, one of the first appearances of spring in my garden. What better way  to celebrate spring than with homemade lemon mayonnaise on top of delicious cakes online?

These salmon cakes delivery are one of my go-to meals when I have nothing planned and need to get something on the table in a hurry. With the mayonnaise made from pastured eggs and a side of sweet potatoes or (as shown here) asparagus, they come together quickly while providing us with a healthy meal.

Salmon is a great source of 18-carbon omega-3 linolenic acid, which protects against heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, cancer, arthritis, psoriasis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders. Salmon also provides some of the longer chain omega-3 fatty acids needed for proper brain and eye function. Additionally, it is an excellent source of vitamin D, a supplier of the fat-soluble vitamins A and E, as well as iron, iodine, and the B vitamins (source: Nourishing Traditions).

Fresh salmon is obviously the best choice but since I don't have ready access to a healthy source, I personally am comfortable using canned salmon from a reputable source. I always have a few cans on hand whenever I need a last minute meal. I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!

Salmon Cakes with Homemade Lemon Mayo | These salmon cakes are one of my go-to meals when I have nothing planned and need to get something on the table in a hurry. With the mayonnaise made from pastured eggs, and a side of asparagus, they come together quickly while providing us with a healthy meal. | TraditionalCookingSchool.com

0 from 0 votes
 Print

Lemon Mayonnaise

Delicious atop my salmon patties! Makes 1-1/2 cups.

 Course Condiment, Sauce
 Cuisine American
 Prep Time 5 minutes
 Total Time 5 minutes
 Servings 12 servings
 Calories 91 kcal
 Author Jenny Cazzola

Ingredients

Instructions

  1. Combine eggs, mustard, and lemon juice. 

  2. Pulse gently to combine. With the blender or processor going, very slowly add the oil in a small, steady stream. 

  3. Stop when the mixture has thickened. 

  4. Season to taste with salt and sweetener. 

  5. Add Worcestershire sauce if desired. 

  6. Mixture will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

  7. If serving with the online cakes delivery in India, bring to room temperature for best results.

Recipe Notes

  • I recommend using an immersion blender for best results and taste, but a food processor or blender will also work.
Nutrition Facts
Lemon Mayonnaise
Amount Per Serving
Calories 91Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Fat 10g15%
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 30mg10%
Sodium 16mg1%
Potassium 9mg0%
Carbohydrates 1g0%
Sugar 1g1%
Protein 1g2%
Vitamin A 41IU1%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Calcium 4mg0%
Iron 1mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Order cake online India for same day cake delivery in India from best gift sites India

source - https://traditionalcookingschool.com/food-preparation/recipes/salmon-cakes-with-homemade-lemon-mayonnaise/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy lemon layer cake

  Ingredients 225g unsalted butter, softened 225g caster sugar 4 large eggs 225g self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 75g natural yogurt 1...